Installation - World-Link Digital Adapter (Linksys PAP2T)
Quick Installation Guide
Getting Your Digital Adapter Up and Running
Check your digital adapter package contents. It should contain the
items shown here:
- World-Link Digital Adapter (Linksys PAP2T)
- Cable or DSL Modem (or Home Network Modem with Built in Router)
- Router (You Don't need Router if you have Networking Modem)
Connect the World-Link Digital Adapter
- Power off your cable or DSL modem, and router.
- Connect the included Ethernet network cable to the INTERNET Port of the World-Link Digital Adapter and connect the other end to one of your router's Ethernet ports.
- Connected the included power adapter to the POWER port of the World-Link Digital Adapter. Connect the other end to an electrical outlet.
- Using a telephone cable, connect your telephone to the PHONE 1 port of the World-Link Digital Adapter.
- If you have one, power on your cable or DSL modem first. Wait for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Power on the router. Wait for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Power on the World-Link Digital Adapter, wait for about 30 second. The
3 green lights (Power, Ethernet, and Phone LEDs) will be solidly lit
when your World-Link Digital Adapter is ready for use. You will hear a dial
tone when picking up your phone set.
The installation of the World-Link Digital Adapter is complete. You may
pick up the phone and make calls.
Instruction for making outbound/inbound calls
- For calls within the US & Canada: Dial 1 + Area Code + Phone Number (i.e. 1-212-513-0000)
- For any international calls: Dial 011 + Country Code + Phone Number (i.e. 011-86-21-0000-0000)
- For calling in your area just Dial Area Code + Phone Number (i.e. 416-888-8888)
- To receive calls you can use your phone as usual, answer your phone when it rings.