Home Phone -
Firewall/DMZ/Port Forward Setting
Hitron CGN3 Modem
< Method 1 >
- Customer can upgrade the firmware on router or modem or
Customer can contact their ISP to request “Disable SIP/ALG” on their modem.
After their ISP has completed to disable "SIP/ALG", customer need to unplug/replug their modem & digital phone adapter.
Digital Phone will work.
< Method 2 >
- Start a web Browser on your computer. (eg. Google Chrome, IE, firefox)
- Go to Address Bar and Type IP address
- IP address: 192.168.0.1 by default. click here
- Username: cusadmin, password: password (by default)
Modem Main Page
DMZ Setting Page
- At the Modem Main Page, Click "Basic", then "DMZ" to DMZ Setting Page.
- Choose "Enabled".
Click connected Devices and Choose SPA112 or LinksysPAP (IP address)
eg. 192.168.0.10 or 192.168.0.251(Usually)
- When you choose SPA112, clone the SPA112's IP to the Field automatically.
- If you know the SPA112's IP, you can also type the IP to DMZ Host Field manually.
- Click Save Changes
Then Click Save Changes button, Done!
(sometimes need Reboot of DP & modem for waiting for modem update)
< Method 3 >
- After login, at the Modem Main Page Click "Basic", then "Lan Setup" to check the IP address of SPA112.
- At the Modem Main Page, Click "Basic", then "Port Forwarding" to enable Port Forwarding
- Click "add Rule" for adding 2 rules into Port Forwarding function
- SIP/UDP/5060-5061/your DPbox IP(eg.192.168.0.251 - SPA112 or LinksysPAP)
- RTP/UDP/10000-20000 or 16384-16482/your DPbox IP(eg.192.168.0.251 - SPA112 or LinksysPAP)
Local IP Address is your SPA112 or LinksysPAP which you copied down before.
*Remember Click Save Changes button, Completed.
(sometimes need Reboot of DP & modem)